[Twisted-web] Twisted.Web and Jinja2

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Jun 19 18:24:06 MDT 2013

On Jun 19, 2013, at 2:21 PM, Jo as Queeniebee <joasqueeniebee at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is great, thanks.
>
> I want to deploy a content server on my Raspberry Pi, do I need to write a separate file for the server/reactor that imports views.py and config.py?

Given that on a raspberry pi you might be somewhat resource-constrained and concerned about overhead of code resources, have you considered using Twisted's built-in template engine?

<http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/web/howto/twisted-templates.html>

You can certainly use Jinja2 with Twisted, but given that Twisted might load this to render some of its own internal content (like directory listings) it might be worthwhile to give it a try.

-glyph