[Twisted-web] Need Help

Laurens Van Houtven _ at lvh.io
Tue Jul 30 07:50:10 MDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 3:43 PM, <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> On 12:01 pm, _ at lvh.io wrote:
>
>> ISTR my reason for not picking Athena was that the cross-domain story
>> isn't
>> great. You can do cross-domain stuff with CNAME hacks, except then you
>> don't get TLS, unless Twisted suddenly does SNI or you have a cert with
>> ten
>> gazillion alternative CNs.
>>

> There's no problem doing SNI with Twisted.

Right, you can do SNI (figuring out how is kind of non-trivial, presumably
less so if you're the PyOpenSSL maintainer :)) and Twisted doesn't really
help nor get in the way, sorry.

I think my actual issue (this was a while ago) with SNI wasn't the server
side, it was terrible clients that don't understand SNI, particularly IE on
WinXP.

Anyway, my point is that the cases where you Athena can't cut it are small,
and it's probably good enough, which I guess has been made before in this
thread ;)

cheers
lvh