[Twisted-web] [Twisted-Python] Speed of rendering?

Peter Westlake peter.westlake at pobox.com
Wed Oct 24 09:15:44 EDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012, at 13:59, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:

> The benchmark tools are really intended for actually asynchronous
> things, like setting up a TCP connection.  They can be abused into
> testing synchronous things, but the results are not very good.
>
> It would probably be better not to try to re-use the asynchronous
> testing tools for testing synchronous APIs and instead build some tools
> for testing synchronous APIs.  These should be simpler anyway.  You
> don't *need* a running reactor for the synchronous case of flatten().

This message appeared while I was typing my reply, in which I
laboriously
worked my way round to a similiar conclusion! So I'll write some tests
that test synchronous uses, with no Deferreds. Waiting for other results
to appear would only skew the timings, so I won't try timing any cases
with Deferreds in them.

Peter.