[Twisted-web] Assync method on render_POST(self,request)

João Ricardo Mattos e Silva joaoricardo000 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 16:30:42 EST 2012

Thanks for the answer, really helped, but I'm stuck again in other case.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9335509/using-wsgi-on-twisted
I'm using mod_wsgi now, and I'm really lost about how to use twisted
methods.

Thanks again!

2012/2/16 <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com>

> On 12:26 pm, joaoricardo000 at gmail.com wrote:
> >[snip]
> >
> >def doStuff(self,d,msg):
> >    # do some stuff
> >    time.sleep(2)  #just for example
> >    d.callback('ok')
> >
> >[snip]
> >So far, so good, but, the HTTP response (return 'done'), only happens
> >after
> >the delay (time.sleep(2)). I can tell this, because the browser keeps
> >
> >What am I doing wrong?
>
> Answered on Stack Overflow:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9310350/twisted-non-blocking-method-
> how-to
> >Found some answer saying that wsgi twisted does not suport assync, and
> >maybe Tornado could do this. ... is that true?
>
> By definition, WSGI applications are not asynchronous.  However, your
> code is not a WSGI application, so the nature of WSGI applications is
> irrelevant.
>
> Tornado doesn't change these facts.  WSGI for Tornado is the same as
> WSGI for anything else.
>
> Jean-Paul

*João Ricardo Mattos e Silva*

Graduando em Ciência da Computação na Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina

*Cel: *+55 (48) 96190063  |  *Skype:* jricardomsilva  | * Msn: *
joaoricardo at globalite.com.br