[Twisted-web] Fwd: Troubles installing 11.1.0 - is this expected?

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Nov 17 23:02:22 EST 2011

On 17 Nov, 07:59 pm, jacek99 at gmail.com wrote:
>Under python2.7
>*sudo python2.7 -m easy_install -U twisted*
>*  File "setup.py", line 103, in <module>*
>*  File "setup.py", line 74, in main*
>*  File "setup.py", line 31, in getExtensions*
>*  File "twisted/topfiles/setup.py", line 21, in <module>*
>*ImportError: cannot import name _isCPython*

"easy_install -U twisted" isn't something we ever test or claimed to
support.  I don't recall anyone ever asking for support for it either.
We do test "easy_install <local twisted tarball filename>" and that
works, at least on Python 2.5, on Twisted 11.1.  We don't test it on any
other Python version.
>Under PyPy, same errors as before:
>*pypy -m easy_install -U twisted*
>*  File
>line 32, in <lambda>*
>*    {'__file__':setup_script, '__name__':'__main__'}*
>*  File "setup.py", line 103, in <module>*
>*  File "setup.py", line 45, in main*
>*ImportError: cannot import name 'copyright'*

Apart from the same comments about -U above, I don't recall this error
on PyPy ever being reported.  The install errors we fixed had to do with
extension compilation, not a failure to import the name 'copyright'.

Please file tickets for issues you encounter or features you'd like
supported.  For these, the testing path likely involves setting up a new
BuildSlave in the appropriate environment, so if you can donate hardware
to run these slaves, that would help out a lot.  Otherwise we're not
likely to be able to test the configurations, so they won't be