[Twisted-web] Adding a private protocol to Twisted SSL Web server...

Jerry Westrick jerry at westrick.com
Thu Nov 17 12:19:47 EST 2011

  Hello fellow twisters:

I'm writing an ActionScript application with it's corresponding server
built upon twisted.
first off, I'd like to thank you all for the awesome software you've all
put into my hands.

Since I'm taking your time I'll get right to the point.

What is required
- secure serving of web pages (works via twisted web/SSL)
- proprietary socket protocol (works with TCPServer and pyAMF).
- client access server only via port 443 <--- here I have the questions

What I think I need to do is to capture an SSL CONNECT command, steal the
the connection and use it as my proprietary communication socket.

I've gotten access to the connection using the render_CONNECT() method,
and having the client issue a corresponding command.

What I cant figure out is how best to remove the connection from the
HTTP protocol
and setup a pass-thru to my application.  (This is prefered to be able
to run multiple servers
on different machines)

I would hate to 'fudged' code into the system all the way down in
basic.py, and
your code is well modularized that I feel there should be a way to
accomplish
this, but it seams to be above my current pay grade ;-)

Thank You all for your time,
and hope the problem is interesting enough to evoke responses

Jerry