[Twisted-web] Agent request timeout

John Aherne johnaherne at rocs.co.uk
Thu Jul 7 12:20:34 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Tristan Seligmann
<mithrandi at mithrandi.net>wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 9:31 AM, John Aherne <johnaherne at rocs.co.uk> wrote:
> > The fact that _canceller_WAITING is not called makes me think I am making
> > the wrong call on the request deferred when I use d._canceller(), but I
> have
> > not seen anything else I can call.
>
> I'll admit to not knowing exactly what you're doing, but shouldn't you
> be calling d.cancel() not d._canceller() ?

You are correct of course. I started off using cancel() but was getting
already called errors. So I started looking around to see what was going on
and tried to trace through the various functions being called. That's how I
ended up playing around with _canceller.

What I did not do was find out what was really causing the already called
errors.

Which now you have prompted me I have sorted out. Typically something silly
- like overriding the callLater functions.

So sorry for all the noise over _canceller.

Thanks

John Aherne