[Twisted-web] Agent request timeout

John Aherne johnaherne at rocs.co.uk
Thu Jul 7 03:31:02 EDT 2011

So far this is where I have got to.

In my timeout using callLater, I call d._canceller().

This calls _connectionLost_WAITING which is partly what I would expect. But
it does not call _canceller_WAITING which I would have expected as well.

The function at d._canceller would appear to be cancelConnection so I can
see why it would go to loseConnection right away. But I  have not found
where cancelConnection resides yet.

The _connectLost_WAITING then calls disconnectParser and finally does the
errback with ResponseFailed and the connection is dropped cleanly.

The fact that _canceller_WAITING is not called makes me think I am making
the wrong call on the request deferred when I use d._canceller(), but I have
not seen anything else I can call.

Also d._canceller requires a parameter. And I can pass it anything and it
seems to not make use of any argument I pass in. I have used d the deferred,
None, 'TRANSMITTING' the string all with exactly the same effect.

So it makes me think I am making the wrong call on the request deferred.

Does anyone know if I should be calling some other function.

Below is the result from a test run outputting various points the program
runs through which might be helpful.

E:\jahtest>test_post.py
dispatcher <function dispatcher at 0x00FD57B0> template <function
deliverBody at
 0x00FD5770>
dispatcher <function dispatcher at 0x00FD58F0> template <function
_bodyDataRecei
ved at 0x00FD58B0>
dispatcher <function dispatcher at 0x00FD5A30> template <function
_bodyDataFinis
hed at 0x00FD59F0>
dispatcher <function dispatcher at 0x00FD5F70> template <function _canceller
at
0x00FD5F30>
dispatcher <function dispatcher at 0x00FD9170> template <function
connectionLost
 at 0x00FD9130>
body <stringprod_resp.StringProducer object at 0x00F9BCB0>
fff canceller <function cancelConnect at 0x00FD95B0>
got do cancel
connectionlost waiting [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no
frames): <c
lass 'twisted.internet.error.ConnectionDone'>: Connection was closed
cleanly.
]
disconnect parser [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames):
<class
'twisted.internet.error.ConnectionDone'>: Connection was closed cleanly.
]
got error <bound method Failure.getErrorMessage of
<twisted.python.failure.Failu
re <class 'twisted.web._newclient.ResponseFailed'>>>

Thanks for any info.

John Aherne