[Twisted-web] How to use templating with the web server

Sun Aug 21 06:10:04 EDT 2011

Hello,

I want to build a simple webinterface for my application and decided to use
twisted.web with its templating for that. This will be my first contact with
twisted.

I had found a working example at [1].

Is there a way to render a template that involves less boiler plate code? In
that example I had to create a template.Element class and a web.Ressource
class for each page I want to render. The Ressource basically looks always the
same for each page, just that it renders another Element class.

Is there a way to shortcut that a bit? My standard situation will be that I
have a template file and an Element class containing the logic. These are
"mounted" somewehre in the hierarchy (like with putChild).

Sorry, I'm sure I'm lacking quite a bit of insight into twisted.

Thanks!

Florian

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/pythonmy/browse_thread/thread/bab31751d0e0f78f?pli=1