[Twisted-web] About twisted-web2 and proxy module

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Apr 19 13:58:03 EDT 2011

On Apr 19, 2011, at 1:35 PM, Pau Freixes wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Which is the state about twisted-web2 ? will be merged at end at web namespace ?

web2 has been removed from Twisted.  It has not been available in a Twisted release for years, and it is recently not available in trunk either.

web2 still contains several good implementation ideas that never made it to twisted.web, though, so if you'd like to help with moving those into twisted.web, we'd be very happy for your assistance.  However, it is strongly recommended that you use twisted.web for your applications, since that is actually developed and maintained.

> And another question about twisted-web2.proxy module, there are a
> raise ImportError at first line in last version, really doesnt work ?
> somebody know something about this ?

Yes.  Half-finished and un-finished broken stuff like this was the main reason that we stopped developing web2; it was too hard to maintain two not-finished webservers, so we have focused our efforts on maintaining one whole webserver instead.

-g