[Twisted-web] About handling thousands of sockets connections simultaneously

Arvin Wang hustxnwsg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 09:35:30 EDT 2010

thank you for your advice.
i have chose the epoll reactor,and the requirement of my project is to be
able to support 60,000 TCP-connects simultaneously. it seems that just
choosing different reactor couldn't solve the problem, can you give some
more suggestions?

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:50 PM, <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> On 09:25 am, hustxnwsg at gmail.com wrote:
> >i use twisted as TCP server, when handling  thousands of sockets
> >connections
> >simultaneously, i have found that the maximum TCP connections limited
> >about
> >500. What's the matter?
>
> Try switching to a different reactor.  For example, the select reactor
> is limited to FD_SETSIZE open sockets.  This is usually around 1000, but
> could be 500 on some systems.  Poll reactor is limited to the "open
> files" rlimit which can be raised by superusers.  IOCP reactor has no
> arbitrary limits, I think.
>
> http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/howto/choosing-
> reactor.html
>
> Jean-Paul

Services Computing Technology and System Lab && Cluster and Grid Computing
Lab.
School of Computer Science and Technology,
Huazhong University of Science and Technology,
Wuhan,430074,China.