[Twisted-web] How to handle interrupted responses in nevow?

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Oct 15 15:03:08 EDT 2010

On 04:52 pm, peter.westlake at pobox.com wrote:
>A quick question about Python style:
>
>nevow.Request is a subclass of twisted.web.server.Request,
>which is a subclass of http.Request, which has an attribute
>_disconnected. Since the name begins with an underscore, it
>isn't intended to be part of the public API, and I think
>that means I can't refer to it in nevow.Request.
>
>There are two options:
>
>1) use notifyFinish() to set a new attribute in nevow.Request,
>   which would end up duplicating _disconnected;
>
>2) use it anyway, and file a request for _disconnected to
>   become part of the published interface.
>
>Both approaches work, and I have a unit test to prove it!
>Which would you like me to do?

A combination of the two sounds best to me.  Use `notifyFinish` for now,
and file a ticket asking for a public version of `_disconnected`.  When
that's done and has been released for long enough, Nevow can switch (if
anyone cares enough to do it - presumably the only reason anyone would
care is that using `notifyFinish` might add a miniscule additional
amount of per-request overhead).

Jean-Paul