[Twisted-web] Web client through https proxy - is it even possible?

Bruno Harbulot Bruno.Harbulot at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Mar 19 13:36:54 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm not sure how this would work with the twisted web client, but I've
managed to get it to work in this library
http://code.google.com/p/python-httpclient/ (which can also verify
certificates, btw).

You don't need to send the Host header with CONNECT as far as I'm aware.
You might want to wait until you read the 200 OK status code (or some
other code if it fails) in response to CONNECT before turning the socket
into an SSL socket.

Best wishes,

Bruno.