[Twisted-web] twisted version of openid

Drew Perttula drewp at bigasterisk.com
Fri Jan 1 22:43:14 EST 2010

Reza Lotun wrote:
> Hi Raj,
>
>> Currently I'm having a server running under twisted. I'm planning to
>> implement openid in my application. Is there any twisted version of openid
>> api? I need some reference to go through openid examples.
>
> Check out
> https://launchpad.net/txopenid

I wrote a openid consumer for my own applications here:

http://bigasterisk.com/darcs/?r=nevowopenid;a=tree

It mostly sucks, but it probably beats starting from scratch.

One cool thing I have written with that library is an openid http proxy:

  user  --> openid_proxy -----------------> web app(s)
             (with nevowopenid.py)            (these receive simple
                                               http headers saying
                                               what openid was approved)

This is working really well for me, and it would be cool if it was
easier for others to deploy. My openid_proxy program stores the sites,
permissions, and user logins in an RDF graph store.