[Twisted-web] help on handle... methods

Catonano catonano at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 06:20:14 EST 2010

Werner, wwwjfy,

2010/2/11 wwwjfy <wwwjfy at gmail.com>

> I don't think there is a perfect way to find where methods like these are
> called, unless the IDE is clever enough.
> Sometimes I suffered from it.
> Maybe it the cost of the flexible. ;)

thanks to the both of you. I managed to install Eclipse, seems getting
better, actually.

Now, my question moved. I see the BaseProtocol class having the
"makeConnection" method.

Now, is the reactor supposed to call this method ? Is it supposed to pass a
ITransport argument, too ?

Well are these conventions ? Or does the reactor uses some sort of
reflection or other aid to "guess" which method to call and which argument
to pass ?

Same goes for the "dataReceived" method that makes its first appareance in
the Protocol class. Is the reactor supposed to call this method and pass the
data as an argument ?

Am I being annoying ? Sorry, I'm just trying to understand.

Thanks
Catonano