[Twisted-web] Copying Nevow features into Twisted Web (was Re: Status of divmod-dev list?)

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Dec 19 21:06:09 EST 2010

On 01:15 am, foom at fuhm.net wrote:
>On Dec 19, 2010, at 7:25 PM, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
>>Currently the plan is to move the resource model [..]
>
>You're kidding, right? :(

I think "resource model" is a pretty vague way to explain the plan (the
next phase of the plan is actually to identify specifically (and _write
down_) what should be copied into Twisted Web).  Here are some specific
things that Twisted Web should adopt from Nevow:

  - locateChild
  - Deferreds in Resource lookup
  - Deferreds in response rendering
  - Something like `NotFound`

Probably some other things too.  Are these the things about "resource
model" that make you sad?  Or did the phrase conjure something else?

Jean-Paul