[Twisted-web] asynchronous WSGI implementation

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Fri Apr 9 13:30:30 EDT 2010

Manlio Perillo ha scritto:
> Hi.
>
> I have started to write an asynchronous WSGI implementation for
> Twisted Web.
>
> The code is available from a Mercurial repository:
> http://hg.mperillo.ath.cx/twisted/twsgi/
>
> [...]
> I have some questions:

Now that base features are implemented I would like to ask some more
questions.

* I choose, as project name twsgi.

  However I found that this name is also used in a Twisted sandbox:

http://github.com/Deepwalker/deepwalker_sandbox/blob/3786de5d77bd68872306e5f6469d77b64243377e/twsgi.py

  Should I change the name?

* Suppose that a client connected to WSGI serve is very slow.
  In this case, once the server socket buffer is full, WSGI producer
  will not be resumed.

  Is this case handled by HTTP server?

  With Nginx implementation I set a timer, whose value is specified in
  send_timeout configuration parameter
  http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpCoreModule#send_timeout

  It timer expires, I return "408 Request Time-out"

  From source code, I see that timeout in twisted.web, is specified in
    request.site.timeOut

* Do you have interest of include this implementation in twisted.web?

> [...]

Thanks   Manlio