[Twisted-web] t.w.x.XMLRPC with Basic Auth

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Sep 1 08:39:50 EDT 2009

On 31 Aug, 10:24 pm, clay.gerrard at rackspace.com wrote:
>Hello,
>
>This example over-rides render (which I could probably do, but it seems
>like cheating):
>http://code.activestate.com/recipes/526625/
>
>This example is over my head (my zope.interfaces foo is weak):
>http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-web/2007-May/003377.html
>and also possibly dated?  twisted.web2.auth.wrapper.HTTPAuthResouce vs.
>twisted.web._auth.wrapper.HTTPAuthSessionWrapper
>
>Is anyone aware of any other examples I could consider?

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/browser/trunk/doc/web/examples/webguard.py
gives an example of using twisted.web.guard, which is probably what you
should be using.  It's somewhat similar to the example you linked to
above.  If you're not familiar with twisted.cred, you may want to look
at http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/cred.html
first.

Jean-Paul