[Twisted-web] HTTPAuthSessionWrapper render

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Tue Jun 30 20:16:48 EDT 2009

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 15:38:46 -0700, Jared Gisin <jared.gisin at isilon.com> wrote:
>It seems to be completely broken for wrapping a child resource. You can
>wrap the site root resource, but not a child?  What am I missing here?

Its render method only ever raises NotImplementedError.  This is because
it isn't ever supposed to be invoked.  If the code is working correctly,
then the only thing which will ever happen to an HTTPAuthSessionWrapper
is that some child of it will be requested.  That child may be rendered.

If you're seeing HTTPAuthSessionWrapper.render get invoked, then it may
be due to a bug in Twisted or due to a bug in how your code uses the
wrapper.  Can you provide more details about what you're doing?  Perhaps
we can track down the cause of the behavior you're observing.

Jean-Paul