[Twisted-web] Strange Nevow / Athena error

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi at mithrandi.net
Tue Jul 7 23:27:41 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 11:44 PM, Paul Reznicek<maillists at ivsn.com> wrote:
> Yes, the server is behind an Apache proxy, sorry, I forgot to mention.
> Thank you for explanation, one detail more - as long as I've used HTTPS
> to connect to the proxy, I did NOT observed these errors although the
> internal transfer between Apache and server on 8080 is plain http.
> Paul

Is it possible that the /client/ is behind a (possibly transparent)
proxy? In our environment we've had problems with proxies mangling the
client's requests in this way (the request that actually makes it
through has a 0 byte Content-Length); using HTTPS would prevent this
from happening, since the proxy cannot see / modify the communication
between the client and the destination web server (Apache, in your
case). In some cases, this even persists beyond the three retries that
Athena attempts, causing the client to experience unpredictable and
unexpected disconnections.