[Twisted-web] Athena behind apache

Federico Tomassini federicotom at yahoo.it
Fri Jan 16 22:12:07 EST 2009

Hi alls,

LivePage is working fine when I connect directly to the
twisted server.

When I put my resources behind apache, I need to define
transportRoot and jsModuleRoot, otherwise my client has
localhost'ed references.

When I connect directly, I have references like this:

For Apache, I'm trying to init the LivePage with:

  jsModuleRoot= url.URL('https', FQDN, ['foo', 'bar', 'jsmodule'])
  transportRoot= url.URL('https', FQDN, ['foo', 'bar'])

LivePage doesn't work. I can't guess the right urls.

Apache works as transparent proxy, so I'm wondering if I need
to specify jsRoot and transportRoot to obtain something like:

But... how? Any hint from Athena coders?

Finally, a stupid question.

Why LivePage build javascript references using the FQDN?

Maybe it's a better idea to build links like:

Obviously, one can always specify trasnportRoot and jsModuleRoot.

But in this case it should work for transparent proxies out of
the box.

Best Regards

Today is Sweetmorn, the 16th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3175