[Twisted-web] Re: wsgi vs win32service

Don Dwiggins ddwiggins at advpubtech.com
Thu Jan 8 13:39:23 EST 2009

Peter Jacobi wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> This is one of the rather vague questions everybody (rightfully)
> hates, but if it's a generic
> problem somebody had encountered in the past, I'd assume he can spot the match.
>
> I'm using Python 2.5, Twisted 8.1, web2 and its wsgi module -- under Win32.
>
> Everything works like a charm when run as  a normal application, but
> when running as a Win32 service
> using the win32service and win32serviceutil modules, spurious HTTP
> errors 500 are generated.

I ran across something vaguely similar developing a server to run as a
service.  What I found out whas that win32serviceutil runs the server in
its own directory, rather than the Python script's directory; my server
looks for files in its own directory.  I wound up using a registry
setting to record the directory, and having the server use it to do a chdir.

This may have nothing to do with your problem, but FWIW...

--
Don Dwiggins
Advanced Publishing Technology