[Twisted-web] Status of the twisted.web HTTP client?

Andrew Warkentin andreww591 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 20:08:26 EST 2009

I am writing a Twisted-based proxy (http://xuproxy.sourceforge.net/).
Currently, it is based on twisted.web2, since I started on it before the
merge of twisted.web2's features into twisted.web, and at the time, both
the twisted.web client and server were missing features that my proxy
needed. From looking at the current development tree, it looks like the
server now has all the features that my proxy requires, but the
twisted.web client is sorely lacking for my purposes (it's HTTP/1.0 only
and lacks support for persistent connections).

Are there any plans to merge the full HTTP/1.1 support of twisted.web2's
client into that of twisted.web?