[Twisted-web] Nevow + Athena: Unhandled error in Deferred

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Aug 27 09:06:10 EDT 2009

On 26 Aug, 08:33 am, maillists at ivsn.com wrote:
>Hello,
>I get very often this output (application is using Twisted 8.2.0
>+ Nevow-0.9.33):
>
>   Unhandled error in Deferred:
>   Traceback (most recent call last):
>   Failure: nevow.athena.ConnectionLost: Timeout
>
>But I can't find out, where and how to handle it. In most
>cases it happen, when users leave the site or close the browser,
>so I'd like to suppress this messages, because they only blow up
>the logs without real value for debugging.
>
>Can you give me some hints, please?

It's really hard to tell what that error indicates.  *One* thing it
definitely indicates, though, is that somewhere in your application a
Deferred was created and not given an errback.  If you give it an
errback, then you can handle it.  Enabling Deferred debugging (twistd
--debug) may help you learn where it was created.

Jean-Paul