[Twisted-web] Proxy Authentication with a Password Protected Site

Robert Hancock hancock.robert at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 10:08:56 EDT 2008

proxyUsername = 'bob_hancock'
proxyPassword = 'myproxypass'
proxyAuth = base64.encodestring('%s:%s' % (proxyUsername, proxyPassword))
proxy_authHeader = "Basic " + proxyAuth.strip()

url = "https:/www.myexampl.com" #password protected site
username = "bob_hancock"
password = "myremotepass"
basicAuth = base64.encodestring('%s:%s' % (username, password))
authHeader = "Basic " + basicAuth.strip()

return client.getPage(url, headers={"Authorization": authHeader,
"Proxy-Authenticate": proxy_authHeader})

Is this the approach?  I'm behind a corporate proxy/firewall so that
if I make a direct HTTPS request I receive an HTTP 407 response.

Thanks for the rapid reply. This is my first attempt at Twisted.