[Twisted-web] Athena & browser 2-connection limit

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Tue Sep 16 15:46:35 EDT 2008

On 04:30 pm, kozneb at gmail.com wrote:
>On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 4:39 PM, Werner Thie
><wthie at thiengineering.ch>wrote:
>>There are some post revolving around onbeforeunload/IE7 and a quick
>>debugging session shows that no code is ever executed for
>>onbeforeunload
>>with IE.
>>>
>>I came up with the following some months ago. Since then, we're not
>>seeing
>the problem on IE6 or 7. Would be interested in hearing whether it
>works for
>you. (Would have entered it as a Divmod ticket, but can't seem to find
>a way
>to create one, nor to create an account...)

Please feel free to enter a ticket, and to attach a patch.

We disabled registration due to some problems with spam and forgot to
turn it back on.  It's on for now, but I'd recommend registering soon
because we are likely to turn it off again if we start having spam
problems again :).

When you do file a ticket, please file it with a description of the
*problem*, not a description of your changes.  i.e.  "Reloading an
athena page in IE 6 and 7 causes a socket leak", not, "Make
sendCloseMessage work in IE".  It would be helpful if you were as
detailed as possible about the problem.

It would also be very helpful if you could write some tests which
demonstrate the problem; since the main development team of athena does
very little testing in IE, a test object which thoroughly documents and
fakes each version of IE's behavior with respect to these hooks would be
especially helpful.