[Twisted-web] Session class

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Wed Oct 1 13:38:04 EDT 2008

On 11:31 am, maarten at treewalker.org wrote:
>None of this is a critical problem, but it does feel a bit strange. Is
>the
>current design motivated by something I haven't understood yet, or is
>it
>something that works well enough in typical use even though it has some
>unexpected special cases?

Most likely the latter.  twisted.web.server.Session was designed years
and years ago, before anyone involved in Twisted really had any idea how
the web worked.  It turns out that it works okay for a lot of cases, but
it could definitely be a lot better.

It sounds like you've got lots of very specific ideas for making it
better.  I very much doubt that you're misunderstanding it; please
search around the tracker at <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/> and find
existing tickets that describe some of these issues (there are bound to
be a few) and feel free to file some new ones.  Patches (with tests, of
course) would be very much appreciated.