[Twisted-web] using asynqueue as part of twisted application

Martin Bright Martin.Bright at casero.com
Tue Nov 25 19:32:47 EST 2008

The only way I have ever successfully used the wonderful Asynqueue
<http://pypi.python.org/pypi/AsynQueue/0.3>  module in a twisted
application (using twistd) is by calling

where 'srvc' is a twisted.application.service object, and 'startup' is a
function in which the queue is instantiated.

Is there a more obvious way?

Simply composing an object with a member that is a queue does not seem
to work. The queue has to be started only when the reactor is running,
which kinda makes sense, but is difficult for a noobie like me to figure