[Twisted-web] Bug in twisted.web2.client when receiving non-chunked responses of indeterminate length

Maarten ter Huurne maarten at treewalker.org
Fri Mar 28 22:15:43 EDT 2008

On Saturday 29 March 2008, Andrew Warkentin wrote:
> Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> > Why couldn't you register?  The bug tracker is the right place for
> > this sort
> > of thing.
>
> I guess it did work to register, and I can log in. There is still
> something wrong with the login script, because it is redirecting back to
> itself in an endless loop after I log in (that's why I thought login
> wasn't working).

This often happens if you have configured your browser to decline cookies
and the server does not check whether or not the browser has acccepted the
cookie. Because it does not see a cookie, the server assumes you have not
logged in yet and sends another HTTP auth challenge. The browser has cached
the password and will automatically respond, logging you in again and
again.

If this is the cause, please file a bug against Trac as well ;)

Bye,
		Maarten