[Twisted-web] streaming request (was: status of Twisted Web and Web 2)

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Thu Mar 6 11:04:25 EST 2008

On 02:51 pm, exarkun at divmod.com wrote:
>Yes, definitely.  `IStreamingRequestHandler=B4 would have some method =

>like
>`someMoreRequestDataReceived=B4 and it would be called as many times as
>necessary for a single request until the entire request body has been
>delivered.

I'm a big fan of using IProtocol for things like this, so that existing =

code can be used to parse the request data.  I might buy the argument =

that the absence of a reasonable "transport.write()" would be a reason =

to have a distinct interface, but there can and should still be a =

trivial explicit adapter from IProtocol to this new interface.

(Please nobody ever actually name a method =

"someMoreRequestDataReceived".  I would cry.)