[Twisted-web] status of Twisted Web and Web 2

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Wed Mar 5 20:52:50 EST 2008

I've been trying to understand what the current status of Twisted Web
and Web 2 are.  Everything I've found on Google seems to be a year or
two old, so I was wondering of someone here could give a more up-to-date
summary.

Is Twisted Web 2 close to becoming stable?  Is it an active project
(most of the tickets I saw on Trac were a year or two old)?  How is its
support for HTTP 1.1?  How complete is XMLRPC support on both client and
server?  Is there anything that Twisted Web is still better at than Web
2?

I've written some code that uses Twisted Web, and it seemed a little
basic.  For example, I had to make some modifications in order to
receive large files in progress instead of waiting until they were done
downloading.

I have a new project that would use a lot of HTTP and XMLRPC, and I was
wondering if it would be safer to go with Twisted Web or Twisted Web 2.
I was also wondering if there are any recent or forthcoming advancements
to look forward to.

Thanks.

--
Andrew McNabb