[Twisted-web] xml library in twisted

alex clemesha clemesha at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 02:01:36 EST 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 9:26 PM, Raj kumar <k_r_a_j_kumar at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hi michal,
> Thank you for the valuable reply.
> I need a clarification regarding this xml from you.
> from your reply i got to know is, the file which i wanted is not at all
> any xml.
> Is it?
> Then let me tell you my problem....
> My (server-client)application will get players information from different
> clients and the server will save this plyers information in a *.xml file.
> And my server will send this file to clients when ever they need it.
> can you suggest me how to handle this situation?
> Do i need an xml?
> what you call the following format of my file other than xml?

You posted to twisted-web, so is your client a web-browser?
If so, and you are writing a game in a web-browser, then I'll
just assume that you are using javascript, in that case your
data format could most conveniently be JSON, see:
http://svn.red-bean.com/bob/simplejson/tags/simplejson-1.7/docs/index.html

or if in your game you control both clients and servers, then you should
definitely look at Perspective Broker:
http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/pb-intro.html

in both of the above case, you data format could be as simple as python
dicts, ie:

game =3D {"player1":["some", "stuff"], "player2": ["other", "stuff"]}

simplejson converts python dicts to javascript objects and
perspective broker lets you pass around native python objects (like python
dicts).

Hope this helps,

-Alex