[Twisted-web] HTTP(S) Client with authentication support

Bruno Harbulot Bruno.Harbulot at manchester.ac.uk
Sun Mar 2 15:00:16 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm new to Twisted, and I'd like to know if there is any HTTP(S) Client
API that would support various authentication methods and strategies. By
'strategy', I mean that, ideally, the client application could define
some sort of 'strategies' to tell the client API what to reply when
challenged with an HTTP 401 Unauthorized response code.
I guess that's feasible using HTTP Basic authentication, but I'd also
like to be able to define when to send a client certificate for
authentication to an HTTPS server than wants or requires it.
Could some of these goals be achieved with Twisted.Web or Twisted.Web2?
I'm not sure where to find documentation on the subject. I'd appreciate
any pointers or suggestions.

Best wishes,

Bruno.