[Twisted-web] Connecting to external JavaScript libs with Athena

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Mon Jun 2 02:09:36 EDT 2008

On 04:10 am, tbranham at gmail.com wrote:
>So, I've been racking my brain for a couple of days on this, and I
>can't
>seem to get anywhere. My question is: Is it possible to connect to an
>external JavaScript library, and subsequently make calls to said
>library
>through an Athena LivePage element?

Sure, maybe.  It depends what you mean by all those words.  "connect" to
an external javascript library?  Don't you mean "load" an external
javascript library?  And how is making calls to a library different than
making calls to any random function?

I don't know a lot about Google Maps, but I do know that Divmod's most
recent product (Blendix) uses Google Maps to display locations.

You can see this in action on my blendix page:

    http://blendix.com/users/glyph/

or view the source code:

http://blendix.com/__jsmodule__/16f16613df2ba86d19271a41115d50bedf4b461d/Blendix.PersonDetail

Have a look at the 'initializeMap' method to see an example of
integration between Athena and Google Maps.

Please note that this isn't open source; we haven't released the code
anywhere yet (although this part is JavaScript, so you could of course
have just done 'view source' and figured out that link for yourself).