[Twisted-web] Best practice for child pages and shared templates/renders

Abdul-Wahid Paterson abdulwahid at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 15:19:35 EDT 2008

Hi,

As a newbie still to twisted/nevow/athena I feel I moving on slowly.
At least my athena stuff works quite well. Now I need to integrate my
different code more and am was wondering what is the best approach.
Mainly I have on my site one XML template that serves XHTML. I have a
number of renderers that render different parts of the page. However,
the main central part of the page is very different for all the
different python objects I am calling...so..my questions are....

How can I use a shared render between the different python modules in
a way that is efficient?

How is the best way for rendering the main part of the page (the
central part)? Should I just make it a renderer? Also, what is a page
fragment and how is that different from a renderer?

Thanks for any help.

AW