[Twisted-web] Athena IE lockup on page refresh

Paul Thomas spongelavapaul at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 17 06:35:19 EST 2008

On 17 Dec 2008, at 11:29, Tristan Seligmann wrote:

> * Paul Thomas <spongelavapaul at googlemail.com> [2008-12-17 10:18:29
> +0000]:
>
>> What is the current status of this fix please?
>>
>> I have to find a fix for our athena app locking up in IE but I'm
>> having
>> difficulty following the comments in #2731 - am I right in thinking
>> that
>> the problem is fixed on the ie-onbeforeunload-2731-3 branch but
>> hasn't
>> yet been applied to the trunk?
>
> That's correct; the last few issues with this branch are relatively
> minor, so with any luck it'll be merged in the near future.

That's good to hear. I'm running the branch with our app right now and
it's looking generally good. IE seems to behave and the whole
experience is 'snappier'. Our app makes fairly heavy use of Athena
with multiple widgets.

I've hit one problem with a FlattenError but I suspect it's more to do
with moving from such an old version rather than anything to do with
the branch changes. I'll give it a good thrashing and let you know if
anything bad crops up.

Paul.