[Twisted-web] wsgi and twisted.web{,2} again

s s listsin at integrateddevcorp.com
Thu Dec 4 21:13:04 EST 2008

On Dec 4, 2008, at 8:24 PM, James Y Knight wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2008, at 9:22 AM, Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
>> Due to the current roadmap for Twisted Web and Twisted Web2, I
>> would not
>> encourage you to contribute Twisted Web2 WSGI support, though.
>
> Web2 was written with the goal of allowing many protocols/deployment
> mechanisms to hook up to it: http, cgi, scgi, and maybe-working
> fastcgi are present. WSGI was not omitted because of any hatred of
> it, only because it was simply not done before plans changed.

Speaking of "plans", is there, somewhere, some sort of plan for web2?

After seeing this thread, I went and looked at the roadmap for
"Milestone Web2-Gold-Master" (http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/milestone/Web2-Gold-Master
)  and saw that some of the tickets were three years old, many two
years old, and none newer than 6 months ago.

Is there some "master plan for Web2" somewhere that I've just missed?

Thanks,