[Twisted-web] Re: [Twisted-Python] April 20 Sprint

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Mon Apr 7 19:55:41 EDT 2008

On 11:26 pm, waterbug at pangalactic.us wrote:
>The most important overall message would seem to be:  use web[1], since
>even if web2 is not phased out, as much as possible of web2 is being
>"back-ported" to web[1], and there will probably be a relatively easy
>migration path to web2 if/when it is completed at some point in the

Yes, except what web2 will be called when it is done is "twisted.web",
and the migration path will be the exact one outlined in
In other words, web is going to be like every other project within
Twisted.  There are major changes, huge improvements being made within
Conch, but we're not making a "conch2" and confusing users as to which
one to use.  The functionality in twisted.web2 and twisted.web will be
in the same place :).