[Twisted-web] Re: [Twisted-Python] April 20 Sprint

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Mon Apr 7 19:55:41 EDT 2008

On 11:26 pm, waterbug at pangalactic.us wrote:
>The most important overall message would seem to be:  use web[1], since
>even if web2 is not phased out, as much as possible of web2 is being
>"back-ported" to web[1], and there will probably be a relatively easy
>migration path to web2 if/when it is completed at some point in the
>future.

Yes, except what web2 will be called when it is done is "twisted.web",
and the migration path will be the exact one outlined in
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/CompatibilityPolicy
In other words, web is going to be like every other project within
Twisted.  There are major changes, huge improvements being made within
Conch, but we're not making a "conch2" and confusing users as to which
one to use.  The functionality in twisted.web2 and twisted.web will be
in the same place :).