[Twisted-web] installed twisted. twisted.web missing?

David Reid dreid at dreid.org
Mon Oct 29 03:49:47 EDT 2007

On Oct 28, 2007, at 6:14 PM, aaron smith wrote:

> quick newb question. I installed twisted from source on mac os x
> leopard. When I run:
>
> >>python
> >>import twisted
> >>from twisted.web import http
>
> I get an ImportError: ImportError: No module named web

Unfortunately there is an incomplete distribution of twisted 2.4 in /
System/Library/Frameworks

Your source install likely went into /Library/Python/2.5/site-
packages/ which is also unfortunately  after /System/Library/
Frameworks in the PYTHONPATH.

Put /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/ at the front of your PYTHONPATH.

-David