[Twisted-web] Twisted.web/Twisted.web2 and multiple threads

Fabien Schwob fabien-ml at x-phuture.com
Thu Oct 11 18:34:28 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm new to twisted and I would like to know if the following problems
can be solved with Twisted.

My goal is to create a daemon that will download RSS/Atom feeds, parse
them and insert various information in the database. So my idea is to
use twisted create a program that will have two "main" threads :

* the first on is an HTTP REST interface to allow the user to add feeds
url in a queue. I think I will use twisted.web ou web2 here

* the second thread launch several child thread that download feeds and
parse the. I take feeds from the queue and parse them.

So the goal is to transform the http://dpaste.com/22198/ script into a
daemon where I can add feed with a REST API. So, what is the base
solutions to do that with twisted.

Thanks

--
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a
violent psychopath who knows where you live." -- Damian Conway