[Twisted-web] Re: twisted web2 example simple.py fails

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Tue Jan 16 23:41:08 CST 2007

George Pauly wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I'm contemplating using web2 to implement a web service, and tried out
> the simple.py "very simple server" example from the twisted.web2
> introduction.
>
> But it's not working for me.  Apparently I've got some kind of version
> conflict.  I'm using the latest Ubuntu python2.4-twisted packages.
>
> Is there a web2 version problem?  Should I just use twisted web?

twisted.web2 is in active development, therefore you should use code as
recent as possible.

Your package name tells me that you're still on Ubuntu Dapper, which has
the old 2.2 Twisted version, or on an even older Ubuntu version.

Use at least the 2.5 Twisted release, or even better the repository.

--
Nicola Larosa - http://www.tekNico.net/

Watch the woman's hands, as she talks to the man
As he talks down to her, as he tells her
He doesn't understand, he doesn't see the fisted hands
Clenched tightly, angrily
 -- Paula Cole, Watch the Woman's Hands, Harbinger, 1994