[Twisted-web] validating nevow disk templates

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Feb 23 13:50:09 CST 2007

How do people do this?

When I attempt to validate pages using the FireFox / Web Developer
validator, I get a lot of complaints about tags that should be
self-closed e.g.:

<input type="text">
  <nevow:attr name="name"><nevow:slot name="name"/></nevow:attr>
</input>

...generates HTML like this:

<input type="text" name="theName">

</input>

...which is not only ugly, it doesn't validate.

I like stan, but I dislike the fact that it clutters up .py files and
also that it doesn't reload like the disk templates. OTOH I deeply
dislike the nevow:attr / nevow:slot pseudo-tags in the disk templates.

Thoughts?