[Twisted-web] Headers dictionary

Jarek Zgoda jarek.zgoda at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 08:54:29 CST 2007

On 2/21/07, Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at divmod.com> wrote:

> Can you provide an example which demonstrates the problem you're seeing?  This
> example seems to demonstrate that all headers are lower-cased:

(...)

> Hitting the server with Firefox results in a dictionary with an 'accept'
> key, with that spelling, regardless of the case of the input.

This example is perfect, what failed is my understanding of things and
my ability to express what I've seen with my code.

I encountered this problem when I used the same code to generate
headers for client to send and for server to check. The generated
field names was in Mixed-Case (i.e. "Accept" and "Content-Type") so I
got the KeyError on server side. I expected this to be irrelevant,
following RFC's statement that "field names are case insensitive".

Anyway, I can live with this.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/