[Twisted-web] Adding Athena JS handlers in render methods?

kgi iacovou at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 10:07:12 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 01 August 2007 16:43:23 Tristan Seligmann wrote:
> I think the usual way to handle this is to make a client-to-server
> callRemote from the widget's nodeInserted method; the server-side method
> could either return the update in response to that call, or simply
> perform a server-to-client callRemote to do the update. I believe both
> of those options are equally efficient in terms of network behaviour.

*Slaps forehead*

Of course, that makes perfect sense! I was grepping and glimpse-ing all
the .py files in the hope of finding a hook; it never occurred to me to look
in the .js files.

Thank you very, very much Tristan, you've saved me from a fate worse than
death: I was halfway through implementing my dirty "special resource" hack
when your reply came in!

Ricky