[Twisted-web] _win32stdio

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Fri Sep 29 15:57:18 CDT 2006

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 22:45:07 +0200, Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it> wrote:

>There are specific reasons for why _win32stdio should be attached at
>something else that is not a Console Handle?

Yes.  The stdio module is primarily designed for a subprocess spawned with spawnProcess to talk to its parent over pipes.  As I understand it, providing access to the win32 console using the same mechanism would effectively involve writing a terminal emulator.

If you want to use the win32 console, you'll need to use a module specifically for doing that, not Twisted.