[Twisted-web] fragments with child lookup

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Sun Sep 24 10:27:22 CDT 2006

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 12:19:37 +0200, Markus Schiltknecht <markus at bluegap.ch> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone wrote:
>>You can't do that because pastebin is not designed to be used in that way.
>
>You mean, even though pastebin's RootPage is derived from a Fragment, I
>can't embed it into another Page? This would mean nevow is not component
>based, according to my understanding at least. I can't believe that.

I don't know what "component based" means.  In any case, you cannot render
a Page as part of another Page.  You should probably pretend that Page does
not subclass Fragment, because that is only an implementation detail.  If
you want to nest renderable objects, you should use Fragments (or Elements)
directly, not Pages.

Jean-Paul