[Twisted-web] fragments with child lookup

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone dialtone at divmod.com
Fri Sep 22 07:36:28 CDT 2006

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:32:47 +0200, Markus Schiltknecht <markus at bluegap.ch> wrote:

>The children have to be stored in the context. I've also tried returning
>the child in the Container.locateChild() method, and then hook the
>renderHTTP() method to render the parents first. But I've had no luck with
>fetching the parents from the context (and it's parent contexts). I would
>prefer that, because I wouldn't have to write my own childLookup() method.
>
>Thoughts? Comments?

To be honest I've tried reading your first email many times and in different days but I've not understood the actual usecase.

Other than that what *IS* a child of a fragment conceptually? A Fragment is a Fragment, a reusable element of a page.

Another issue is that it uses the context, we are moving away from it and it's highly likely that no new patches/features are accepted if they still use or rely completely on the context.