[Twisted-web] Re: Please fix the wrapping! [was: Re: Web2: What is to be Done]

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Wed Sep 13 12:07:31 CDT 2006

Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> I think you accidentally sent this message to the twisted-web mailing list,
> when you intended to send it to the mailman-dev mailing list.

I definitely did not intend anything of the sort. How did you get that
impression?

And why should have I done so? Most known email-generating programs wrap
the lines of message bodies, in keeping with RFC2822:

2.1.1. Line Length Limits

   There are two limits that this standard places on the number of
   characters in a line. Each line of characters MUST be no more than
   998 characters, and SHOULD be no more than 78 characters, excluding
   the CRLF.

Disregarding common practice is bad enough: disregarding the accessibility
of useful information about your own work is even worse. I have difficulty
understanding this stance; can you help me?

--
Nicola Larosa - http://www.tekNico.net/

I think the first I ever heard that user session state was "bad" was
from REST proponents, and that was fairly recently. As REST becomes
better and more widely understood, I believe people are starting
to think differently about how to architect a web application.
I certainly am. -- Bill Venners, April 2006