[Twisted-web] How to insert an Athena event handler using Stan?

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Tue Oct 31 14:49:25 CST 2006

On 07:56 pm, exarkun at divmod.com wrote:
>On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:57:05 -0500, Phil Christensen <phil at bubblehouse.org>
>wrote:

>>  T.div(render=T.directive('liveElement'))[
>>  T.input(type='text', size=80)[athena.handler(event='onkeypress',
>>handler='parse')]])
>>  ]
>>
>>fails without generating any error. I guess I'm okay with the first
>>version for my particular use-case, but I'd be interested to know if
>>there's something obvious I'm missing, or other information I can  supply.
>
>How does it fail?  Can you throw together a minimal self-contained example?
>I use this in a lot of places and it works and as far as I understand there
>is no reason it shouldn't.

Not only does it work, but we are trying to move towards that being the suggested style, as it generally has superior error-handling characteristics.  It would be really nice to get issues with it fixed, and even if this isn't a real problem, document it as a possible "gotcha" so people do not feel uneasy about taking this approach.

So.. got a unit test? :)