[Twisted-web] How to insert an Athena event handler using Stan?

Phil Christensen phil at bubblehouse.org
Tue Oct 31 10:57:05 CST 2006

On Oct 31, 2006, at 10:44 AM, Phil Christensen wrote:
> On Oct 31, 2006, at 10:25 AM, Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
>> Are you sure this is causing a problem?  It looks correct to me. :)
>>
>> <tag onkeypress="return foo("bar")"> would seriously confuse an
>> html parser.
>
> I am seeing the same behavior in my app, where I was working on
> implementing a feature similar to Tristan's. I'm seeing:

Now I'm just realizing what JP was referring to. That's definitely
acceptable syntax, but it still doesn't seem to be working for me.
Using this:

  T.div(render=T.directive('liveElement'))[
  T.input(type="text", size=80, onKeyUp='Nevow.Athena.Widget.get
(this).parse(event)')
  ]

works, but this:

  T.div(render=T.directive('liveElement'))[
  T.input(type='text', size=80)[athena.handler(event='onkeypress',
handler='parse')]])
  ]

fails without generating any error. I guess I'm okay with the first
version for my particular use-case, but I'd be interested to know if
there's something obvious I'm missing, or other information I can
supply.

-phil